In an ongoing effort to assist more associates through the Direct Grant program, The Homer Fund has expanded the list of the Direct Grant's qualifiers. The Homer Fund will now consider the costs related to major home repairs.
- WHO qualifies for this assistance?
- WHAT documents are necessary?
- HOW do I apply for this assistance?
- WHO should I contact with questions?
ONE-TIME assistance with major home repairs may be available to:
- Home Depot associates who own a home that is in general disrepair posing an immediate threat to the structural integrity and safety of the home and its inhabitants,
- The cost of the repair is at least $1500,
- Home Depot associates who cannot afford to pay the cost of repairing their home
All other existing criteria for a Direct Grant must be met (review guidelines HERE).
As with every Direct Grant, the associate in need must complete the Direct Grant Prep Pack, providing all relevant information based on the situation causing the hardship. In addition to the Direct Grant Prep Pack, the Home Depot associate must provide a repair quote from the licensed contractor who will complete the repair. Once all documentation has been compiled, the associate must partner with an authorized sponsor (ASDS, HR partner, or any salaried manager) to formally apply for Homer Fund assistance.
If you are an associate in need, you may only apply through your ASDS, HR partner or any salaried manager (these people are called "sponsors"). However, there are documents you must first complete and prepare to provide to your sponsor. CLICK HERE to access the Direct Grant Prep Pack.
Authorized sponsors must log into their personal Homer Fund account in order to access the applications. Remember that the associate in need CANNOT access the application without your help, so please be prepared to help the associate through the process. Contact The Homer Fund at Homer_Fund@homedepot.com for help with creating and accessing your personal account.
You may call (770) 384-2611 to speak with a Homer Fund representative. You may also email The Homer Fund at Homer_Fund@homedepot.com.