Did you know
- If your waist circumference is over 35” for women or 40” for men, you are more likely to develop diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease?
- Losing just 10% of your body weight significantly decreases your chance of getting illnesses or diseases related to being overweight?
- You should perform at least 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week?
- A food diary will help pinpoint problems in your eating habits and where to make changes?
Staying healthy is important. The Home Depot is committed to improving associates' health and well-being. All associates are encouraged to take advantage of the Building Better Health program which focuses on program offerings focused on nutrition and weight management, physical activity, tobacco cessation and prevention. For more information, speak with your on-site Wellness Champion.
Additional programs and discounts may also be available through The Home Depot’s Benefits Department:
- Visit the discount tab on www.livetheorangelife.com, click the employee type that applies to you and then select “Discount Programs” on the left bar.
- Visit the associate discount site by logging onto the Your Benefits Resources Web site at http://resources.hewitt.com/homedepot and click on the Associate Discounts tab.
- Contact your medical provider. To locate contact information for your medical provider, visit www.livetheorangelife.com, click on the employee type that applies to you and then select “Find a Provider” on the left bar.
Many other resources are also available on online to help you towards your goal of living a healthy lifestyle. If your objective is to lose weight, tone your body, or just track your exercise regularly, the following links can provide free resources to help you on your voyage to fitness: